Bardis Sun Apartments - Child friendly??

Started by georgina, January 07, 2007, 08:32:00 PM

georgina

Hi there, I know that there are loads of fantastic reviews on here for the Bardis Sun but some seem to say that they are a bit small- can anyone tell me the layout please? we have a small child in our room with us and wondered where she can go....

How child friendly is the pool etc

Last year we stayed at Makris through Manos but the price has gone up by nearly 500 quid.....We loved it there but the price rise makes alot of difference.....Have to say they were all fantastic there so might have to bit the bullet.

This will be our 3rd year in a row to Arillas we love it
Thanks

Georgie

kes

Hi Georgie,
We have stayed at the bardis studios a few  times,the rooms are quite small,and we have had no children with us.But iIam sure Poppy will make sure you are comfortanble.As you enter the front door you are straight into the kitchen area which although on the small side has everyting you need.As you leave tyhe Kitchen there is a door to the  shower/toilet. then on into the bedroom..we had two single beds with limited wardrobe space. there are patio doors onto the balcony(1st floor)or terrace (ground floor).the pool is directly in front of the apartments.
The pool is always spotless but not realy suitable for toddlers,depends how old they are.
Still one of the best places we have stayed in Arillas,

Smiffypink

Hi Georgie,

This will be my 1st time staying at the studios, last time we stayed at the Bardis Hotel which is directly next door to the studios.

Although we stayed in the hotel, i spent alot of time in the bar of the studios, made friends with Bobby there, they will make sure that you are all comfortable, no worries there.

Also the pool question, the studio pool isnt really suitable for toddlers or small babies, but you can use the Hotel pool, which as i said is directly next door, its one of the biggest pools in Arillas and it has a very shallow end which is more ideal.

Hope this helps.

blondegirl

Now that pool sounds just right for me too as I cant swim..... YET!

I might get in the way of the little ones though.  They all seem to learn to swim so quickly.

I did manage to get my feel off the ground floating last year and I was so excited... I could only do that in the sea though and I might add I wasnt flat on my back either.. it was very funny but cant wait to have another go this year. 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Smiffypink

Oh bless you Sue!!

Yeah you'd probably be better off in that pool too to be honest, lots of sunbeds round the pool and snacks and drinks at the poolside bar.

Make sure you dont give up, cant think of a better place to learn to swim than Arillas!!!

blondegirl

I might manage 12" off the ground instead of 6"..

Is the Bardis Sun Hotel run by different people other than Poppy etc.  When we walked past last year both places looked deserted, during the day and evening.  Also, we saw the big pool at the Hotel  and it had lots of sunbeds on the grass but the whole place looked quite exposed and not very secluded with a low wall around the garden and no trees or bushes.  We thought it was a 'foreign' holiday firm as the people there didnt seem very english.  I didnt think it looked very welcoming.

Smiffypink

Yes it is run by different people.

I dont know why the studios looked deserted, maybe it was a day where people had left and were awaiting new guests??  Yes it is quite open i suppose, but you hardly notice if anyone was walking past, well i never did when i stayed there cos my nose was always in a book!

When i stayed there we booked through Thomas Cook then after the holiday season of 2005 they werent representing the hotel anymore, i found out last year they were with a Swedish company or something, so that would explain the 'foreign firm' thought.  I'm not sure if they will be with them again this year or not, but ill let you know what its like when i get back, whether its welcoming in there this year.

alyvin

The Bardis Sun Hotel is now back with Thomsons. I stayed in the Bardis Sun Studios 2 years ago and the rooms are small. I actually looked at the hotel rooms and they were larger and had a fridge and kettle in them.

Smiffypink

Yeah just found the hotel on their website, least now we know that it will be ok to go in and use their pool then this year.

blondegirl

I have heard that the studios are small but surely they must have a fridge and kettle too.  Do they have a table and chairs or or they on the balcony?  Not that I am considering taking my cat but is it too small to swing one!  Mike is a bit of a big bloke and there might not be room for me in our studio if it is too small.  It should be cosy and fun if nothing else!!

Smiffypink

Yes there are fridges, there have to be if its self catering.

There is a table and chairs on the balcony also, the room is an adequate size.

Lisa and Steve

The studios are no smaller than the ones at the Galini so I am sure you will be fine. I looked at the Hotel prices and to fly from Norwich for two weeks in Aug it will cost £1380.00 roughly.

Smiffypink

Yes i thought it was quite expensive this time to stay at the hotel, when we went there in May 2005 i think i paid £220 each, that was the end of May going in to June, for the beginning of May its £600 for 2 people, gone up quite a bit!!!!

blondegirl

Thanks everyone for the reassurance....now I dont have to lose sooo much weight to fit in the room.!!!

Lisa and Steve

You will have no problems there.Glad to see that Brenda and John still have their holiday. Any  reason why the Galin i is not with Thomas Cook anymore.