Mon Amour - Kavadaddes

Started by Eggy, November 25, 2006, 08:41:09 PM

blondegirl

You naughty boy Joe!!! putting piccies like that on here!

Now a walk after dinner at Mon Amour might be a good idea to walk it all off, could be a bit dangerous though after a few "sherberts".

Sue
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Smiffypink

Joe the pics look great!!

The 6 of us that are staying at The Bardis, me and Brett, tracey & Peter and Wendy & Stu should definitely make a visit here one night, we'll arrange it with Poppy when we all decide on an evening when we're out there, look forward to that!!

No-ones really answered my question about the saganaki, what is it and what's in it??  Any answers greatly appreciated.

Joe

Here you go a good description of Saganaki courtesy of wikipedia.

You could walk it to Mon Amour but it is quite a distance and I can imagine the roads may be a little treacherous at night, walk there and get a lift back.

Smiffypink

Thanks Joe that helps alot, youre a star!!

Not sure if i will try it now though, when it says its very salty it sort of put me off, i dont like food that is overly salty, shame cos everyone seems to love it!

Joe

The one I had in Mon Amour wasn't saltly at all so I wouldn't worry. Paul thinks he is a bit of a saganaki buff and his favourite is here so i do recommend you try if you get chance.

Smiffypink

Ok, if you say it wasnt salty there then i shall try it when we go, ooh i cant wait, im like a big kid haha!!

blondegirl

Somebody else in your group could order it and you could taste it before you order it yourself.  Just a thought!  It is lovely though.

Smiffypink

Brett will probably order it, he always tries everything once, im sure he'll let me have a taster!

blondegirl

Smiffypink

Will do, then ill give you our review of Mon Amour when we get back, looking forward to sampling this place after so many good reviews!

Joe

I would love to know how different it is in summer to winter.

blondegirl

No doubt you will get many reports back this year!

JohnJ

I remember reccomending Mon Amour way back in early 2006 on these pages.  Glad to see that others are now beginning to appreciate it.  You do not need to get a large party together or go with any local apartments just telephone 26630 51106 and book a table and ask to be collected.  We have been with only three of us and it is not a problem. Spiro the owner will look after you well and Takis the mini bus driver is a real character, ladies don't be surprised if you get a tweak on the bottom as he helps you into the mini bus!!!
Best regards
John
JOHN JOHNSON

Smiffypink

Ooh im definitely going now then :-D !!

blondegirl