Arillas for 2 weeks for £90 per person!!

Started by Jo Wissett, August 18, 2006, 12:14:09 PM

Jo Wissett

Just checked the ebay listing for Bardis Sun studio's (just type in Corfu in search box) Its £179 for two going tomorrow!!!( including flights transfers etc) from Manchester or Gatwick! Please someone book it, thats just too ridiculous to miss!

Smiffypink

Hi Jo,

I know what you mean, i wish i could book it so much but i cant get the time off work, im hating looking at the price and seeing how cheap its going to go for, the last one sold for £165 for 2 weeks!!!!

Joe

These prices are fantastic, I have checked through the lates on our system and the cheapest to Corfu on that date is £209 plus supplements per person.

Has anybody actually bought one of these Ebay holidays?

Jo Wissett

Hi Joe

I think that I would have no problem with purchasing this holiday as it is with 'Corfu Escape' who have had glowing references on this site. I use ebay all the time and (touch wood) have never encountered problems.  We even bought our last car off there!

Joe

I was wondering if they were one and the same, I agree then that is a superb deal, a reputable company offering a package such as that, can't really see how you can go wrong.

I use Ebay quite a lot to but never even considered looking for holidays on there, perhaps Corfu Escape has found a niche and good luck to them!

Smiffypink

I emailed Nancy about it when i was booking our holiday and she said the reason they are on there is because they are holidays they have booked that havent sold so they need to sell them or the flights and rooms go unused, she also said that because they are a small company the only way they thought of to sell them was on eBay and they put a low price to get the people interested.

The only problem i forsee with this as im a regular eBay user, they only have '2' beside their sellers name, which means theyve only sold twice and got 2 good feedbacks whereas some people have '1386' which means they are a trustworthy seller, sometimes people look at this and dont want to take the risk in case it works out as a con in some way, so then the holidays sell really cheaply.

Nancy also said that hopefully in the future if they get regular customers who then recommend their company to others/friends etc then they wont have to resort to putting the holidays on there.

But eBay is a good place to look for cheap holidays, someone is always out to make a quick few quid!

Im not complaining though, hopefully some of us might be able to get a bargain next year as a last minute holiday!!

Mick and Jill

Can't believe these bargains.  We once got a package deal all in for £99 each to San Stephanos, as this was cheaper than flights we booked the package deal then stayed in Arillas.

Will keep an eye out for the end of September when I can get away from work.
Jill XXX

Joe

Mick & Jill

Due to the hot summer (august notwithstanding), World Cup and current state of the world's affairs bookings have been considerably down this year. There are still a lot of holidays to sell and if you can hold out until the last minute I can see there being quite a few bargains, especially in October.

Good luck
Joe

Mick and Jill

Hi Joe

Thanks for that was starting to get really depressed thinking I might not be able to get back if prices didn't fall.

Have booked time off work from 29th September so can wait till very last minute, never done it that way before but needs must.

Thanks again.    Jill
Jill XXX

chrissyUK

Quote from: Joe on August 18, 2006, 12:51:54 PM
These prices are fantastic, I have checked through the lates on our system and the cheapest to Corfu on that date is £209 plus supplements per person.

Has anybody actually bought one of these Ebay holidays?

Hi Joe, I bought a weeks holiday for 2 from Nancy on ebay and my tickets arrived today, 
We have been in contact via email and we are looking forward to meeting Nancy when we arrive.
Nancy is smashing and has been so helpfull. You dont have to buy from her on Ebay if you contact her via the site she will also give you the best deal available.

We all have to start from zero on Ebay.

Smiffy!! I mentioned to nancy that you were looking for a long weekend she said for you to contact her and she will see what she can do for you.

Regards,
Chrissy.

Joe

Sounds great, may have to give them a try next year, I really like the personal service that only small independent companies can provide. Being such a tough market though I am always wary of smaller travel agents, we get lists each week on ones that have gone into receivership. Nothing against Corfu Escape however, they seem very professional and are targeting the right market, I think people forget Corfu is only 3 hours away from the UK and perfect for long weekends.

Smiffypink

Hi Chrissy,

Thanks for asking Nancy for me, i have emailed her regarding that.

In the meantime i booked for next May, we go on the 21st, im on countdown!!