Baggage Allowance

Started by Jo Wissett, August 04, 2006, 01:46:56 PM

Joe

If all goes to plan everything should be back to normal tomorrow, liquids will still be restricted for the time being but hand baggage will be allowed.

burger

joe,are the  new rules on hand luggage rigid?  if i've got a camera shoulder bag that's a couple of inches bigger than the stated size,will i be told to repack it in something smaller.or are they flexable within a couple of inches here or there?

Joe

Hi, these are the instuctions that we have been given and in effect from Sunday just passed:

PASSENGER CABIN BAGGAGE
With effect from midnight today, all UK Airports used by Thomas Cook Airlines will allow each passenger to carry ONE item of cabin baggage through airport security point. The dimensions of this item must not exceed: a maximum length of 45cm, width of 35cm and depth of 16cm (including wheels, handles, side pockets etc).

Baggage is not being physically measured but the airport does have baskets which the baggage must fit in and gives an approximate guide. At present I wouldn't risk anything much bigger than the above limits, as you can imagine the authorities are still being pretty stringent.

Joe

burger

ok thanks joe,we'll see if the restrictions are relaxed further in the next 2 weeks,i fly on the 1st sept

Joe

Unless there are any further problems you should be ok in September.

Jo Wissett

Hi Joe

We just returned from a fabulous hol in Arillas and am gutted beyond belief!! Anyway, my point is, XL let us check in up to 30k per case, despite there being a 20K limit.  I think this is because we had two big and one little case so combined as we are a family of 5.

Also, Joe, I had a lovely chat with your mum one morning when she was walking the dogs! What a bloody life she has!!

Joe

Aww, thats great thanks for letting me know, she has worked hard the past few years and thoroughly deserves it, I really wish I could do it now but unfortunately I have a house to pay for, etc etc, I will one day I'm sure. I do have an option of working in Corfu next year with Thomas Cook and I'm serioulsy thinking about it.

You are right in thinking charter airlines let you pool your baggage, just don't go over 30kg or they get grumpy and won't load it.