mirage

Started by jukie, July 08, 2006, 06:37:22 PM

jukie

Does anyone know if The mirage Appartments have safety deposit boxes?

jenna

Apparently they don't but there are plenty of other places very close by that do.  We usually use the Marina hotel which is only about 2 minutes walk away from the Mirage.  It costs something like 10euros per week and they are insured for something like 10,000 euros which is good.

jukie

Thanks Jenna that sounds good to me. Will look out for the Marina when we get there. 

jenna

Does anyone know how much the Mirage is charging for use of the air-conditioning?

JohnJ

Believe it or not  it depends on how good a customer you are.  If you never use the bar or the restaurant you will pay something like 12 euros a day, however if you ate at the restaurant most days and use the bar you could get it for free!!!!!
Good luck John
JOHN JOHNSON

Jo Wissett

Hi everyone

Just a little querie regarding the Mirage complex, and NOT wishing to sound negative but....when we go to Arillas we tend to spend a few days at this pool as it has more children for my brood to play with.  On the days we go, I always tend to get at least a full breakfast, a few drinks throughout the day and lunch for us all usually, so all in all, spend a fair bit.  This year, my sister-in-law and family came with us and obviously sat with us.  Although they didnt tend to eat there much (as they were on a stricter budget and ate in their apt) they certainly bought a few drinks and ice-creams etc.

This one particular day, I had been there since quite early and had reserved some sunbeds ( a total of 5 between 9 of us).  As soon as my sister in law arrived the lady who works at and owns the complex( I forget her name, Angela?), she came up and asked if she wanted a drink, to which my sister in law replied , yes in a few minutes, and then was met with " You use our beds, you drink!" It was said really nastily and I felt it was really unfair, especially as we are not the type of family to bring in our own food or take liberties, as I understand that is being ignorant.  I did notice that they were a little short on sunbeds and felt that she was unhappy that I had reserved some pehaps?  The thing is, I can understand her wanting to accommodate her own guests but surely they shouldnt say that anyone is welcome to use their sunbeds if that is not the case.

Dont like being negative about Arillas but the last post just seemed to add further fuel to my thoughts!  It makes me feel wary about venturing there again which would be a real shame.  Perhaps she was just a little stressed that day!

jenna

12 euros per day!!!!  Do you mean 12 euros per week, as 12 per day seems very steep?

Marie

i know what you mean Jo! we were there quite alot 2 as soon as we put our bags down she pounced! we didnt mind buying a drink as we were using the sunbed but i do agree with what you say that they say they r free but really they arnt because the make you buy drinks!

marie xx

corfu2002

We stayed at the Mirage for a fortnight at beginning august and paid up front straight away for the air con as my hubby cant bear a stuffy room and we paid 7 euro
a day.

We also ate every morning full English each morning for hubby and sandwiches toasties etc for myself and teen...along with drinks during days we stayed around the pool,didnt go far this year as I had been unwell before arrival and had hospital appts on return so we ate there 11 nights out of the 2 weeks as wasnt my usual wandering self... must say every meal was fab and Angela went out of her way with my son as he is fussy with his food made sure he had plenty of bread bringing
him extra free.

I do agree with your comments though as did notice what some people encountered to do with sunbeds and thought that unfair to those buying a drink as I thought as long as you bought a drink you could use the sunbeds and pool in most places for free didnt know there was a certain amount you should consume. Though we didnt have the problem ourselves as we we were there most of the day or at least my son and hubby was and Angela always made sure we had sunbeds even if we couldnt find any she would seem to get some,and putting them were she could,but having said that I can understand your points too.

Marie

it seemed like we only had to buy 1drink as soon as we got there then we were left alone for the rest of the day!

jenna

Just back from a fantastic fornight at the mirage studios and in case anyone's still wondering, the air con is definitely 7 euros per day.

donna@colin

Quote from: jenna on September 19, 2006, 07:53:10 PM
Just back from a fantastic fornight at the mirage studios and in case anyone's still wondering, the air con is definitely 7 euros per day.
definetly 7 euros a day and as most people seem to pay when they get there it seems unfair to say nikos charges more if you dont eat or drink there.