The dreaded email

Started by turkeyfoot, May 31, 2022, 01:13:44 PM

turkeyfoot

Hi

My heart stopped as I read the Jet2 email with the heading '' Please read- Important notice about your flight Jet2 flight''

They have brought forward the flight by 20 mins. When I looked closer it was our 2023 flight to Corfu.

My heart beat returned to normal

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Laura

Glad to hear it wasn't worse news! With the airport situations at the moment I'm really hoping our return to Arillas isn't ruined for the summer!

kevin-beverly

Hi Geoff

Hopefully good news enjoy
Kev

soniaP

I feel like this too. On the news tonight TUI cancelling lots of flights but from Manchester. We are flying from Doncaster so fingers crossed.

turkeyfoot

Hi
TUI cancelled an inbound flight to Manchester yesterday from Skiathos. The plane never left the UK

Pasengers put in a two hotels and flying home tonight at 19.30. Not good

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Donpipez

We're in the same situation.

Managed to get back to Arillas fore the last two Years by the skin of our teeth and now getting nervous again!!

LBA with JET2 in 4 Weeks so fingers crossed!!

Already looked at alternatives just in case - According to Simon Calder the courier is obliged to pay for alternative flights if they cancel regardless of who with??

Neil & Jill

turkeyfoot

Quote from: Donpipez on June 01, 2022, 11:48:49 AM

Managed to get back to Arillas fore the last two Years by the skin of our teeth and now getting nervous again!!

Already looked at alternatives just in case - According to Simon Calder the courier is obliged to pay for alternative flights if they cancel regardless of who with??

Neil & Jill

Hi
That's is correct
Geoff

Me an him

SoniaP we also fly from Doncaster end of July, getting a bit nervous as we've already had a airline change!!

vivian

Quote from: Me an him on June 07, 2022, 06:32:48 PM
SoniaP we also fly from Doncaster end of July, getting a bit nervous as we've already had a airline change!!
At the moment it all seems to be which ever airline you are flying with. Hope you do get there.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

kevin-beverly

Quote from: turkeyfoot on June 01, 2022, 12:44:54 PM
Quote from: Donpipez on June 01, 2022, 11:48:49 AM

Yes that is correct but a big but you try and get a different flight and they pay hummm we see if they pay out
They should get fined each day they do not to spend money for new staff

Kev

Neil & Jill

Hi
That's is correct
Geoff

soniaP

Bobby from Bardis Sun studios says that all flights seem to be 1 to 2 hours delayed. Only had one  guest so fat whose flight was cancelled and that was an Easyjet flight from Belfast.

soniaP

So far not fat. Lol. 🤣

Eggy

Quote from: soniaP on June 07, 2022, 07:08:11 PM
Bobby from Bardis Sun studios says that all flights seem to be 1 to 2 hours delayed. Only had one  guest so fat whose flight was cancelled and that was an Easyjet flight from Belfast.
I prefer the fat guest and can understand why the flight was cancelled
Negg

Laura

Sonia....Not what I want to hear  lol ....we fly Easyjet from Belfast! Although not until end August so hopefully situation will be better then!

kevin-beverly

Hi

We fly out on the 28/8 from Gatwick 🤞
We hopefully see you out there Flora

Kev