Started by kevin-beverly, July 10, 2020, 08:50:51 AM

kevin-beverly

Hi

Just looking on the exchange rate the Euro is slowly picking up

£1 = €1.12

It is better then a few weeks ago £1 = € .91

Kevin

Truth

I'd imagine thats business rate mate as the best I can see is nowhere near that , more like 1.09
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Hi Carl
£500 changed with Transfer Wise, today, will get you e555 , after commission.
Cheers
Negg

Truth

Hello mate
1.11 is very good mate . Nathans Pawnshop on Birmingham pretty much matches the best you can find on line and I prefer to walk in and pick up my cash. Called today and they were 1.0853.

Eggy

Karl
We use them for large transfers over (cash to exist on) and they are very reliable
I trust you and your family are well??
Negg

Truth

All good mate thanks ! 😉

Jo Wissett

I'm the same Karl, although I did in the past just too nervous to transfer my hard earned cash and wait for delivery! Best I can get is 1:08 which is pants

Truth

Total pants Jo 🙁
IF we can get out this year though I'm sure we won't be too concerned about the rate though 🤞😉

Eggy

It's always difficult to use Companies you haven't used before and there are many that like to play safe.
We always use Transfer Wise now, but the first time was a tad worrying, especially as it was a highish 4 figure sum. I can't guarantee any business but it works for us and quick getting money to our Greek Bank.
Their exchange today still hovers around e554 for £550 pounds , after commission which on this sum comes in at £3.60. The website also shows a comparison list against Banks.
Cheers
Negg

turkeyfoot

Hi

Best rate available on line at moment is Travel FX 1.1055.
£1500 gets you 1,658.25 Euro

Not that I would ever use a high street bank but at Barclays you get  1.0662 .  £1500  gets you  1,559.30

I always look at http://www.compareholidaymoney.com for an indication of good rates available. Debenhams and Asda sometimes will match the best price with proof of what rate you can get. I usually take a screen shot.

Isn't Transfer Wise only a method of sending money abroad though?

Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.