Cash or Card?

Started by Jo Wissett, July 08, 2020, 03:56:24 PM

Jo Wissett

We always bring cash with us to Arillas (well until we run out then we are carding it lol).  My question is, will cash be readily accepted everywhere or will it be frowned upon? I don't want to have changed all my money that find out I can only use my card and I don't want to pay a charge each time for using my debit card either.. just another think to worry about this year!

Truth

Good point that is Jo!   .... I would hope cash won't be frowned upon though
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Just bring the cash!
Negg

Jo Wissett

That's what I thought. It's just I noticed on Tria's Adelphia's Facebook page they said card only for all payments so that made me stop and think!

Eggy

Jo
I have yet to use a card for any payments and that includes any evening meals out.
Possibly Tria are after card payments for large purchases but... a beer or two , or a meal - NO , in my opinion.
I will pick their brain , on this one , though.
Cheers
Negg

Erja

Looking forward to hearing about this as I have been pondering the very same 🤷‍♀️
Life is good ;)

kevin-beverly

Hi Dimitris

If are reading this can you confirm we can use cash in the restaurants and shops please

Hope to see you soon

Beverly

turkeyfoot

Hi

What Greek doesn't want cash in their  hand lol

If you do pay by card ALWAYS opt to pay in the local currency NEVER pay in sterling. You should be asked for your option at every transaction, including ATM's.
This applies anywhere, not just Greece

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Eggy

Over the last two weeks I have yet to be asked to pay by card!
This applies to Tavernas / Restaurants and Supermarkets.
Negg

turkeyfoot

Hi
Just as well Eggy, with all that cash wearing a hole in your pockets from all the money you have saved recently.
lol
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Eggy

50e notes do not fall through holes , Geoff.
Negg

turkeyfoot

Hi
50 euro notes!!!!
You must have saved a fortune lol
Geoff

Eggy

Not at all - they were left over from last year.
Negg

dimitris

Jo, you don;t have to come over. Just send us the money!if you wish to come and have social distance with me drop me some cash over the fence.
I'm working on my new project to keep social distancing for my taverna
I'm installing this new "traditional" automatic food suppliers so I can spend some more time on the beach!!
Take care!!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Jo Wissett

Oh good! Does that mean if I keep pressing I will get unlimited portions of your lamb chops??