water temperature of the sea in may

Started by jeffers, April 08, 2019, 09:56:39 AM

jeffers

Hi good morning all, we are coming to corfu in early may  just wondered if it would be warm enough in the sea for a little dip on the north beach .?  Anyone else in Arillas early may . Looking forward to our 30th visit to corfu cant wait .
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

ger

It's probably gonna be flippin freezing!!! But we'll be in it too, see you there x

Eggy

Water temp not as high as mine, as we have been without internet/phone here, for 5 days. - But....... if we have a good last 2 weeks, in April, it will start to warm up a tad,
I did see a couple , in the sea at Ag.George yesterday so it cannot be that bad.... or maybe they don't have internet/phone as well and are just cooling down??
Negg

jeffers

hi ger
Thanks for your reply  we are coming to Corfu 7th may till the 16th hopefully can get in the water if its not to chilly . wife does not like going to the north beach tho . so I might be alone . always a bit nervous going alone .
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

ger

We'll look out for you then, we are there from 6th to 17th may, where are you staying?

Paul D

See you on north beach 😁

Yammas .....Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

vivian

we will be on the north beach, always go early May and always been for a dip, it like get your shoulders under quickly and you feel warmer, type thing.

Stay Nude it ante rude

jeffers

We are not actually staying in Arillas this year . It's a long story . But have a hire car and will travel to the place I love .

jeffers

Never made it to the beach the weather was to cold and wet apart from sat the 10th . Did anyone go to the north beach for a dip ? .

Scottishyannis

Too cold for me l always wait till my second visit in sept

jeffers

We are coming out again in September ,so might have Dip in the sea then  if I can pluck up courage to go oh natural . My wife wont do it . So I feel a bit  awkward going alone .

soniaP

The temperature of the sea has varied each day this year. Yesterday it was cold but a couple of days before it was warm.

In September we have generally found it ti be warmer than June.