Arriving 4th June wandered what exchange rate is please

Started by Sankirk, May 28, 2018, 09:05:23 PM

Sankirk

Euro exchange rate please in resort as arriving 4th June please

turkeyfoot

Hi
Exchange rates change daily/hourly depending on market influences.
Today in UK its 1.1326 on line.
My experience is that sometimes the local exchange rate is slightly lower, sometimes its slightly higher, than the UK.
The choice is yours, buy before you go, or buy when there.Whatever you decide you will not loose or gain a lot.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Sankirk

Cheers Geoff . I will get them over there as and when I need to

ger

John Smith

Never, ever seen the exchange rate in resort to be better than the UK, plus there's always a 2% commission to deduct in resort.
Get euros in the UK or get a "no commission credit card"

suzy61

Thanks for that Terry!
We've only done that once and it was this year in krakow. Certainly won't be doing it again. It was only because we had ran out of Zloty and had a meal before we left for the airport.

Suzy x

sueandmikeakablondegirl

suzy61

turkeyfoot

Hi
Rate on line for Sainsbury's today is 1.1196 for Necter card holders and 1.1174 without. Not so good
Other than that the best rate on line is 1.1326
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

TerryW

If you was in Arillas today and used a Halifax Clarity card you would get a rate of 1.150.

John Smith

Quote from: TerryW on May 31, 2018, 05:57:32 PM
If you was in Arillas today and used a Halifax Clarity card you would get a rate of 1.150.
Just shows you how good it is

angiem

I used the ATM by Arillas cars a few days ago (ordinary debit card) and got 1.05!!! - shocking.

turkeyfoot

Hi
The USA has just declared it will impose  trade tariffs on steel and aluminium products from the EU amongst other countries, from midnight tonight. Will make a difference on exchange rates.
Geoff

Truth

Trouble is you never know which way it will effect the rates..... SO unpredictable
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......