Transfer from airport to Arillas

Started by Sandy x, April 21, 2018, 11:41:43 AM

Sandy x

Did somebody last year mention a shuttle bus transfer from the airport to Arillas? I come and go all through the season and there is a limit to how many times I can ask friends to transport me. As a single traveller, taxi fares mount up over the season. Now I have a car here, I don't need to hire one from the airport and parking fees at the airport for several weeks are also costly.
I usually arrive at 11 am so could catch the 2pm bus if I'm really stuck but it means hanging around for three hours.
Sandy x

angiem

My other half used to get the bus quite often, but I'm pretty sure he said the choice was about 8.30am or 2.00pm so probably the same one you know about. I seem to remember a site called something like www.arillas-bliss.com but I don't know if their times were any different.  I'll dig around and see if I can find any others.

robinandchristine

Yes the bus is the way to go.
There is a fifteen minute walk from the airport (walk to the main road, turn left, continue to a turning on the right ((cut through the car park)), walk up to the mini round about 200m and turn left). Walk up a gentle slope to the main roundabout / road and turn and the bus station is about 200m on the left.

About 4 Euros for the bus which gives a wonderful journey through NE Corfu including the olive groves and villages.

Depending where you are staying the driver may stop and let you off...

Sandy x

Sandy x

angiem

Maybe, one option would be to get the bus to Sidari, and then beg a lift from there?

Sandy x

Sandy x

Chris G

My wife and I have used the shuttle bus, not so much a shuttle more like an adventure.

Sandy x

Sandy x

Chris G

We have used this company, cost is about £52 per couple round trip.
www.holidaytransfers.com

Sandy x

Chris, that looks amazing...I checked online and as a single traveller it would only cost me £26 for the round trip. Are they reliable?
Sandy x

robinandchristine

You don't book the Green Bus, just get on and pay the conductor. I have never seen anyone turned away but it does get packed at times. Leaves promptly. Definitely part of our trip now. Return around £16 for two instead of around £120 in a taxi return.  No brainer for us with trolley suitcases, perfect light times and penchant for tightness and extra Mythos

Sandy x

I agree Robin hristine....will definitely try it this year.
Sandy x