Cuttle fish ????

Started by Eggy, March 29, 2017, 05:48:12 PM

Eggy

Well Guys , !!
After living here for, 10 years now, I finally got to try CUTTLEFISH , at the Athina , Arillas.
A tad worried but Spiros, owner, told me "You Donna like it-I taka it back" (He's not Italian - Is he??"

Twas very good and looked like slices of pasta in a vegetable sauce. - Wasn't pasta but like squid slices  , and for me, an extra fishy taste. - Liked it , very much , so if you're given a choice then try it.

Biggest problem was a possible eyeball in the dish.  Twas either an eye or a marble that found it's way onto the plate. Apart from that a clean plate at the end of the meal.
(But , the eyeball?? - Don't like to be stared at when I'm eating!!)

Cheers
Negg

cypress

You can be daft Eggy! In a nice, informative, entertaining way :-) I love to hear about what you're up to.

Val n Bill

I love cuttlefish, delicious........didn't you know that the eyeball is to see you through the rest of the week!!

Bill
The love affair continues.

Eggy

Nice to "hair" from you but you should "nose" by now that "eye" do the face jokes round "ear".
Chin up - Only joking.

I never used to eat much fishy stuff, except Mackerel of course,  but have, recently, been partial to the likes of marinated octopus, squid and I think I would have the cuttlefish again.

Cheers
Negg

Wendy n Stu

Will try some in May as I have never had any. Do they go with salt n vinegar and chips.

Truth

Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Maybe it wasn't an eye but a pickled onion!!!

Wendy n Stu, methinks this type of thing will not be on Summer menu's. Goat in red wine sauce and goat stew may be others you could miss out on. Silly me , I know , but when I have goat stew I always ask for the "billy" at the end of the meal!
Negg